Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday Tab- Whitman Children from Other Lands #2090, 1961
























































I am pretty sure that I had this set as a kid, or one of my younger sisters did (I was much more into the Glamour Girls, than the cute kids). What do you think, #4 and #3? In any case, it's terribly familiar. It's a cute set, and I'm pretty sure that we ignored the obvious *educational* value, and just enjoyed playing with the 8(!) dolls and adorable clothes.
Click on images to enlarge, right click to save as jpgs. Print from any graphics program, clothes on plain paper, dolls on card stock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right #1!!!
At first look I knew they looked familiar. They could have been #3's or mine, but I know I played with them.

Kathleen Taylor said...

I thought they looked familiar. And I think maybe Grandma Smith bought them for us.

Dorothy said...

Sorry to be a bore, but do you own the copyright of these images or have permission to use them?

Normally under international law the copyright extends until 70 years after the author / artist's death.

You can Google for more information on copyright law, it's easily found.

Curiously, I was looking at your blog because someone else recommended it for your pragmatic approach to your own copyright. But, being relaxed about your own rights does not mean that you should not respect other people's rights.

In case you're wondering who I am, I used to work as an Intelectual Property Lawyer, and hope you will excuse my comment.

Kathleen Taylor said...

dorothy, I do not own the copyright for most of the paper dolls that I post. If the copyright owners request that I remove the uploads, I will do so.